The Intel® RealSense™ SDK has been discontinued. No ongoing support or updates will be available.
The third release (R3) of the gold Intel® RealSenseTM SDK, version 18.104.22.168777, is now available for the Intel RealSense Camera F200. This release is also the Beta release for the Intel RealSense world facing camera R200. Please note that the camera driver/service (DCM) must be installed as well as the SDK. Please use DCM 1.3.20 for the F200 camera (or 1.2) and DCM 2.0.3 for the R200 camera. They are available on the same download page as the SDK.
As with previous releases, the system must have Windows* 8.1 64 bit (August update) or later with a 4th generation Intel processor (or later), an available root USB3 port, 8 GB RAM, and 6 GB free space.
Installation requires that you REMOVE any previous versions of the RealSense SDK and REBOOT. Then install the appropriate DCM and the 5.0.3 SDK and REBOOT. Note: The installer won't start when there is not enough free disk space. It may also pause for a long period when selecting language packs (to get from the web) or changing camera types.
Note: For building an installer for your app, please read “Deploying Your Application” in the SDKDevGuide.pdf.
The R200 shares Blob and Face Tracking with the F200, but only the R200 supports Scene Perception, Enhanced Photography, and 3D capture of Head and Body, Also, unlike the F200, the R200's graphics driver must support OpenCL* 1.2.
A quick way to check which modes are supported by which cameras, check the Samples which are divided into front, rear, and both.
Improvements to F200 features since the R2 release:
- Face detection and face recognition are significantly improved with better 2D and 3D landmark accuracy
- Hand tracking is improved for back of hand (fixed skeleton), side of hand tracking, and fingers that point toward the camera. Two hand foldedness values are fixed and the 'gesture end' status is triggered when the hand leaves the FOV;
- Object tracking now includes an extensible learning mode, map creation interfaces including instant SLAM map creation, edge based 3D object tracking and RGB+Depth marker-less tracking for 2D objects. Additionally the toolbox includes camera calibration, object model creation and 3D configuration files for feature or edge based tracking.
- Speech support is available for US and British English, Latin American Spanish and Brazilian Portugese, German, French, Japanese, and Mandarin. (Each module is available as a separate installer from the website.)
- Unity Toolkit: More scripts and prefabs with samples are available.. (See also Tips and Tricks to use Unity with the SDK)
- Utilities: The Euler angle conversion in a non-default Euler order is fixed.
- BGS: More usage cues (too close, too far, and entry events _support optional callback. Improved hair and finger/hand segmentation. Lessened power consumption. (see also Background Segmentation Tips & Tricks)
- Touchless Controller has a new viewer.
- 3D capture (only at Alpha) is still face only with F200,) See R200 for other usages. Now supports OBJ, PLY, and STL output. Added optional hole filling (solidification) or texture generation (helps color). See also Intel RealSense 3D Scanning Tips and Tricks
- Emotient* Emotion Detection is still only a Preview feature. (Anger, contempt, disgust, fear, joy, sadness, surprise AND positive, negative, and neutral sentiments). Consider using landmarks as alternative emotion indicators.
- Java* is still Preview only.
- The Processing* sample must have the sketch folder location set in Preferences to $(RSSDK_DIR)/framework/Processing.
- Unity*: Default libraries are 32bit (Unity 4). Unity 5 requires the 64 bit libraries be added to the plugin directory. Add the .signature libraries to use the free versions of Unity.
R200 major features (see also Introducing the Intel RealSense R200 world facing camera)
Face detection for the R200 has been improved and 2D/3D landmarks enabled. The R200 can also now do Face and Blob tracking.
3D capture (stationary) and reconstruct object, face, head, and body with standard OBJ, PLY, and STL output formats Optional solidification (hole filling) or texture generation
Enhanced Photography added Segmentation and object tracking functions. Has depth resizing, depth hole filling, two layer segmentation, object insertion, sticker pasting, image refocus based on depth, euclidean disance measurement, object segmentation and layer tracking.
Scene Perception does real time tracking and dense reconstruction as a volume and as a mesh with export to an OBJ file.. Beta added the users ability to set a region of interest and export surface voxels and mesh data and their color. Relocalization and tracking recovery have also been added. Also camera pose can be set from an external tracking source and user can query the internal camera intrinsics corresponding to the returned voxel and normal images. Note: The meshing region of interest is changed from a sphere to a box.
This release adds a Unity interface and samples.
For supported color/depth configurations see the SDK manual
Known Issues (both F200 and R200)
F200 only Known Issues
R200 only Known Issues
Intel's compilers may or may not optimize to the same degree for non-Intel microprocessors for optimizations that are not unique to Intel microprocessors. These optimizations include SSE2, SSE3, and SSSE3 instruction sets and other optimizations. Intel does not guarantee the availability, functionality, or effectiveness of any optimization on microprocessors not manufactured by Intel. Microprocessor-dependent optimizations in this product are intended for use with Intel microprocessors. Certain optimizations not specific to Intel microarchitecture are reserved for Intel microprocessors. Please refer to the applicable product User and Reference Guides for more information regarding the specific instruction sets covered by this notice.
Notice revision #20110804