How you register your floating license depends on how it was issued. Registration is the process of owning a particular serial number, while Activation is assigning the owned serial number to a license server.
If you have a serial number which has no owner, you may register it by following this process:
- Go to the Intel® Registration Center
- On the registration screen in the Register a Product section, enter your email address in the Email box.
- Enter the same email address in the Confirm Email box.
- Enter the serial number in the Serial Number box and then click Register Product.
- Follow the instructions on the web page to download and install your product.
- After registering, you will receive an email confirming the registration. A license file will not provided at this point.
If you already have a registration center account, you may login and enter the unregistered serial number in the upper-right serial number box.
If the serial number is already registered, the above process will automatically add you as a user of the license. This grants the ability to download the products available with the license. If you expected to become the license owner, you can contact support to assist with determining the current owner and/or license transfer.
To activate your floating license, you must provide the host ID and host name of the server running the license manager. This can be done in one of two ways:
- If the server has connectivity with the registration center, you can provide the serial number during installation of the Intel Software License Manager and it will automatically provide the host information to generate the license file.
- If the server cannot submit the host information, or if you want to manually activate the serial number, you must do the following:
- Login to the registration center
- Click the serial number under the "Serial Numbers" tab - if the serial number is greyed out, you are not the owner or administrator
- Enter the host information
- Click "Activate Serial Number"
After the serial number is activated, you may download the license file.
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.