There are occasional reports that when developers are installing Intel HAXM, they got an error said" Failed to configure driver: unknown error. Failed to open driver". There are many factors that could cause this error. If you happen to have an issue on your system, you can follow the workaround steps outlined below to see if the issue can be resolved. Almost all developers who reported the issue to Intel Android forum ( http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/android-applications-on-intel-architecture) got HAXM installed successfully by those steps.
1. Download archive (haxm_extra_workaround.zip) attached to this message.
2. Extract file to any directory (for example to temp directory).
3. Copy file “hax_extract.cmd” into same directory where your HAXM executable was extracted.
4. Open Explorer window in directory where “hax_extract.cmd” was extracted, right click on “hax_extract.cmd” and select “Run As Administrator” item in menu.
5. On prompt Allow/Not Allow launch application – answer “Yes” to launch script file with administrative permissions.
After these steps driver will be installed to system.
If for some reason that your system is still having issue. There is one more way to install driver: after script failed, go to extracted folder, right-click on intelhaxm.inf file and select “Install” item.
As I can see this way just register driver in system, without any significant error processing. After system reboot driver will (or will not :-)) work depend on which brand and model your system is, and when it was made.
Intel's compilers may or may not optimize to the same degree for non-Intel microprocessors for optimizations that are not unique to Intel microprocessors. These optimizations include SSE2, SSE3, and SSSE3 instruction sets and other optimizations. Intel does not guarantee the availability, functionality, or effectiveness of any optimization on microprocessors not manufactured by Intel. Microprocessor-dependent optimizations in this product are intended for use with Intel microprocessors. Certain optimizations not specific to Intel microarchitecture are reserved for Intel microprocessors. Please refer to the applicable product User and Reference Guides for more information regarding the specific instruction sets covered by this notice.
Notice revision #20110804