Threading Advisor - Analysis Summary
Threading Summary Purpose and Usage
Threading Summary Report Regions
- Program metrics: View the main performance metrics of your program, such as execution time statistics, vector instruction set (and whether extensions, such as VNNI, are used), and number of CPU threads utilized. The section is broken down into several sub-sections:
- Performance characteristics: View execution time details, such as total CPU time and time spent in vectorized and scalar code.If your application uses Intel® Math Kernel Library (Intel® MKL), you will see theMKL detailbutton in thePerformance characteristicssection, which toggles two additional columns: theUsercolumn, which reports time spent in your code and corresponding compute metrics, and theMKLcolumn, which reports time spent in the MKL code and corresponding compute metrics.
- Vectorization Gain/Efficiency: View average estimated speedup of vectorized loops and total estimated program speedup.The vectorization efficiency data is available only for vectorized loops in modules compiled with an Intel® compiler version 16 or higher.
- OP/S and Bandwidth: View GFLOPS and GINTOPS usage and cache bandwidth metrics compared to hardware peak. Hover the mouse over theUtilizationcolumn and click the button to select single-core or multicore benchmarks utilization metrics.The OP/S and bandwidth metrics are available after you run the Trip Counts and FLOP analysis.
- Per program recommendations:View suggested changes for your program that you might want to apply to achieve better performance.
- Top time-consuming loops: View top five time-consuming loops sorted bytotal timewith performance metrics, such as execution time statistics and vectorization efficiency with comparison to original scalar loop efficiency.
- Suitability and Dependencies analysis data: View information about predicted sharing problems for annotated parallel sites. TheMaximum Site Gaincolumn summarizes potential performance improvement achieved through threading. TheDependenciescolumn summarizes the predicted data sharing problems. To display theDependencies Reportwindow at the corresponding parallel site location, click a function link under theSite Locationcolumn.This information is available only after you run the Suitability or Dependencies analysis.
- Recommendations: View suggested changes with high confidence level for first five loops in the code that you might want to apply to achieve better performance. Click a recommendation link to access the recommendations texts.
- Collection details: View execution statistics for each of the collectors, as well as theCollection Log,Application Output, andCollection Command Linelinks that lead to the corresponding report logs, command line and output details.Application Outputis available if you set output destination to Application Output window. To do this, go to and chooseApplication Output window.
- Platform information: View the system information including software and hardware summary.