advisor Command Line Interface Reference
- To generate a set of commands for the whole perspective, click .
- To generate a command for a specific analysis, expand the analysis you want to get a command for and click .
advisor Command Syntax
- The name of thecommand line tool.Intel® Advisor
- The action to perform, such ascollectorreport. Each command has exactly one action. For example, you cannot use both thecollectandreportactions in the same command.
- Action options modify behavior specific to the action. You can have multiple action options per command. Using an action option that does not apply to the action results in a usage error.
- Global options modify behavior in the same manner for all actions. You can have multiple global options per action.
- The target (application executable) to analyze.
- Options that apply to the target.
- If opposing action options are used on the same command line the last specified action option applies.
- An action option that is redundant or has no meaning in the context of the specified action is ignored.
- Attempted use of an inappropriate action option that might lead to unexpected behavior returns a usage error