GPU Roofline Insights Perspective
- What is the maximum achievable performance with your current hardware resources?
- Does your application work optimally on current hardware resources?
- If not, what are the best candidates for optimization?
- Is memory bandwidth or compute capacity limiting performance for each optimization candidate?
How It Works
- Collect OpenCL™ kernels timings and memory data using the Survey analysis with GPU profiling.
- Measure the hardware limitations and collect floating-point and integer operations data using the Characterization analysis with GPU profiling.
GPU Roofline Summary
- See application execution time on GPU and CPU, time spent to transfer data between the CPU and GPU, and how well your application uses the GPU resources.
- Review the Roofline charts for CPU and GPU parts of your application.
- View the execution time details and various performance metrics on GPU- and CPU-executed parts of your application.
- View top five time-consuming loops on GPU and on CPU sorted by self time with performance metrics. You are recommended to start with these loops when checking for performance issues.