GPU Roofline Insights Perspective from GUI
- Configure the perspective and set analysis properties, depending on desired results:
The higher accuracy value you choose, the higher runtime overhead is added to your application. TheOverheadindicator shows the overhead for the selected configuration. For theCustomaccuracy, the overhead is calculated automatically for the selected analyses and properties.By default, accuracy is set toLow. For more information, see GPU Roofline Accuracy Presets.For theGPU Roofline Insightsperspective, the accuracy level controls the complexity of theCPU Rooflinechart generated for loops/functions in your code executed on CPU. If you want to analyze only code regions executed on GPU, select theLowaccuracy. This decreases analysis overhead.
- Select a collection accuracy level with analysis properties preset for a specific result:
- Low: Plot a GPU Roofline chart for kernels executed on GPU for all memory levels and a basic CPU Roofline chart for loops/functions executed on CPU.
- Medium: Plot a GPU Roofline chart for kernels executed on GPU for all memory levels and extended CPU Roofline chart for loops/functions executed on CPU for all memory levels.
- Select the analyses and properties manually to adjust the perspective flow to your needs. The accuracy level is set toCustom.
- If you have multiple GPUs connected to your system, select a target GPU to collect data for from theTarget GPUdrop-down.The drop-down shows an adapter address and a name for each GPU available and the address is in the format<domain>:<bus>:<device-number>.<function-number>.
- Run the perspective: click button.While the perspective is running, you can do the following in theAnalysis Workflowtab:
- Control the perspective execution:
- Stop data collection and see the already collected data: Click the button.
- Pause data collection: Click the button.
- Cancel data collection and discard the collected data: Click the button.
- Expand an analysis with to control the analysis execution:
- Pause the analysis: Click the button.
- Stop the currently running analysis and start the next analysis selected: Click the button.
- Interrupt execution of all selected analyses and see the already collected data: Click the button.
advisor --collect=roofline --project-dir=./advi -–profile-gpu -– myApplication