Offload Modeling Perspective from GUI
- Configure the perspective and set analysis properties, depending on desired results:
The higher accuracy value you choose, the higher runtime overhead is added to your application. TheOverheadindicator shows the overhead for the selected configuration. For theCustomaccuracy, the overhead is calculated automatically for the selected analyses and properties.By default, accuracy is set toLow. See Offload Modeling Accuracy Presets for more details.
- Select a collection accuracy level with analysis properties preset for a specific result:
- Low: Model your application performance for a target device and get the basic information about potential speed-up and performance.
- Medium: Model your application performance and data transfers between host and target devices.
- High: Model your application performance and data transfers and analyze dependencies to improve offload modeling accuracy.
- Select the analyses and properties manually to adjust the perspective flow to your needs. The accuracy level is set toCustom.
- If you want to check the offload profitability for specific loops/functions instead of analyzing the whole application:
- Go to.
- Enter the--select=in the[(r|recursive):]<id>|<file>:<line>|<criteria>[,<id>|<file>:<line>|<criteria>,..]Other parametersfield.
- Select a target platform from the drop-down.
- Click the button to run the perspective.While the perspective is running, you can do the following in theAnalysis Workflowtab:
After you run theOffload Modelingperspective, the collected Survey data becomes available for all other perspectives. If you switch to another perspective, you can skip the Survey step and run only perspective-specific analyses.
- Control the perspective execution:
- Stop data collection and see the already collected data: Click the button.
- Pause data collection: Click the button.
- Cancel data collection and discard the collected data: Click the button.
- Expand an analysis with to control the analysis execution:
- Pause the analysis: Click the button.
- Stop the currently running analysis and start the next analysis selected: Click the button.
- Interrupt execution of all selected analyses and see the already collected data: Click the button.
- Run the Survey analysis:advisor --collect=survey --project-dir=./advi --stackwalk-mode=online --static-instruction-mix -- myApplication
- Collect Trip Counts and FLOP data:advisor --collect=tripcounts --project-dir=./advi --flop --stacks --enable-cache-simulation --data-transfer=light --target-device=gen11_icl -- myApplication
- Run Performance Modeling:advisor --collect=projection --project-dir=./advi --no-assume-dependencies