Offload Modeling Perspective
- If offloading your code to a target device provide benefits and what is the potential speed-up
- What can potentially limit performance of your offloaded application
- What code regions are recommended for offloading
- What code regions are not recommended for offloading and why
- How effectively data is transferred between an original and the target devices
- Choose collection accuracy level to select perspective steps and set analysis properties, depending on the desired results:
The higher accuracy value you choose, the higher runtime overhead is added to your application. TheOverheadindicator shows the overhead for the selected configuration. If you selectCustomaccuracy, the overhead is calculated for selected analyses and properties.By default, accuracy is set to Low. For more info, see Offload Modeling Accuracy Presets.
- Low: Model your application performance for a target device and get the basic information about potential speed-up and performance.
- Medium: Model your application performance and data transfers between host and target devices.
- High: Model your application performance and data transfers and analyze dependencies to improve offload modeling accuracy.
- Custom: Customize the perspective flow and properties.
- If you want to check the offload profitability for specific loops/functions instead of analyzing the whole application:
- Go to.
- Enter the--select=in the[(r|recursive):]<id>|<file>:<line>|<criteria>[,<id>|<file>:<line>|<criteria>,..]Other parametersfield.
- Select a target platform from the drop-down.
- Run the perspective: click button.While the perspective is running, you can do the following in theAnalysis Workflowtab:
- Control the perspective execution:
- Stop data collection and see the already collected data: Click the button.
- Pause data collection: Click the button.
- Cancel data collection and discard the collected data: Click the button.
- Expand an analysis with to control the analysis execution:
- Pause analysis and see the already collected data: Click the button.
- Stop analysis and start the next analysis selected: Click the button.
- Interrupt execution of all selected analyses and see the already collected data: Click the button.