- Node Concurrencydisplay: This form includes two charts.
- The top chart shows the concurrency for the entire length of the application run.
- The bottom chart shows the details of the zoomed region in the top chart.
- Per-Thread Taskdisplay: This chart shows tasks executed by each thread and their duration. To see tasks associated with a particular node, enable theShow/Hide Selected tasksbutton.You can zoom in or out the data in both views using the specific buttons in the chart toolbar or a mouse wheel. Use the drop-down box in the toolbar to switch between aThread Viewand aNode View.
In some cases, the trace data can contain additional information about the logical core on which a task executes and the data ID it is processing with the help of user-APIs supported by TBB and the Flow Graph Analyzer. When this information is available, you can visualize theThread Viewdata and color it by core information or by the data being processed.
- In theThread View, the vertical axis is a set of threads that participated in executing the flow graph, and the horizontal axis is time. Tasks with short durations are displayed with a lighter color than those with a longer duration. The lighter color highlights tasks that are small relative to the cost of scheduling the task.
- In theNode View, a set of thread timelines is created for each node in the graph. In each set, the vertical axis is a set of threads that participated in executing the flow graph, and the horizontal axis is time.In theNode View, a node’s set of timelines only displays tasks related to that node, while in theThread View, a single set of timelines shows the tasks related to all nodes.