Setting Node Weight
- If the specified weight is high relatively to the unit, the computation might run for a longer time.
- If the graph has an associated trace, the unit of the weight is overwritten by the unit specified in the trace.
- Select a node in the canvas.
- Click theNode Weightfield value in theNodetab of thePropertiespane and enter your value.
- To prevent long runtimes, the scalability analysis scales all runs with total serial times beyond a certain threshold. The current default threshold is 5 seconds. To modify this value:
The total serial runtime also considers the number of data items passed through the graph. For example, a graph with a serial runtime of 10 seconds and 4 data items has a total serial runtime of 40 seconds.
- Go to the.
- Open theTBBcategory,Scalabilitytab.
- Modify a value in theSerial Run Time(s)field.
- To ensure node weights are not scaled into regions that make the overhead dominant, the analysis uses original weights and does not implement scaling if no node has a weight of 100 microseconds after scaling.
- If a graph contains nodes with performance that could benefit from the use of theIntel® oneAPI Threading Building Blockslightweight policy, the analysis activates the lightweight policy for the recommended nodes and lists the possible improvement in the results.