CPU / Memory Roofline Insights Perspective
CPU Roofline Report
- TheRooflinechart plots an application'sachieved performanceandarithmetic intensityagainst the machine'smaximum achievable performance:
- Arithmetic intensity (x axis) - measured in number of floating-point operations (FLOPs) and/or integer operations (INTOPs) per byte, based on the loop/function algorithm, transferred between CPU/VPU and memory
- Performance (y axis) - measured in billions of floating-point operations per second (GFLOPS) and/or billions of integer operations per second (GINTOPS)
- In theCode Analyticstab, see a focused Roofline chart for a selected loop/function with more details about its performance and limitations.
- In theRecommendationstab, see the Roofline Conclusions for a selected loop/function with recommended optimizations based on a dot position.
How It Works
- Collect loop/function timings using theSurveyanalysis.
- Collect floating-point and/or integer operations data, memory traffic data, and measure the hardware limitations of your machine using theFLOPanalysis in theCharacterizationstep.This collection can take three to four times longer than the Survey analysis.
- Analysis Workflowpane - Review the controls available to configure the perspective workflow for your application.
- CPU Rooflinechart - Review the controls available to help you focus on the performance data most important to you.
- Refinementreports - Review the controls available to help you investigate the dependencies and memory issues of your application.