CPU / Memory Roofline Insights Perspective from GUI
- Prerequisite: In the graphical-user interface (GUI): Create a project and specify an analysis target and target options.To run theCPU / Memory Roofline Insightsperspective from the GUI:
- Configure the perspective and set analysis properties, depending on desired results:
The higher accuracy value you choose, the higher runtime overhead is added to your application. TheOverheadindicator shows the overhead for the selected configuration. For theCustomaccuracy, the overhead is calculated automatically for the selected analyses and properties.By default, accuracy is set toLow. For more information, see CPU Roofline Accuracy Presets.
- Select a collection accuracy level with analysis properties preset for a specific result:
- Low: Get the basic CPU Cache-Aware Roofline chart with self data metrics.
- Medium: Get the detailed Memory-Level Roofline chart with total data metrics and an additional memory usage report.
- Select the analyses and properties manually to adjust the perspective flow to your needs. The accuracy level is set toCustom.
- Optional: If you want check for loop-carried dependency, select theDependenciesanalysis. For more information about the Dependencies analysis and report, see Find Data Dependencies.
- Run the perspective: click button.While the perspective is running, you can do the following in theAnalysis Workflowtab:
- Control the perspective execution:
- Stop data collection and see the already collected data: Click the button.
- Pause data collection: Click the button.
- Cancel data collection and discard the collected data: Click the button.
- Expand an analysis with to control the analysis execution:
- Pause analysis and see the already collected data: Click the button.
- Stop analysis and start the next analysis selected: Click the button.
- Interrupt execution of all selected analyses and see the already collected data: Click the button.
advisor --collect=roofline --project-dir=./advi –- myApplication