- View the main performance metrics of your program in theProgram Metricspane. The section is broken down into several sub-sections:
- ThePerformance characteristicssub-section shows you execution time details. It can tell you how much space for vectorization your application has.
- TheVectorization Gain/Efficiencythat shows you estimated speedup. It can tell you how much space for improvement and optimization your application has in already vectorized loops/functions.
- View recommended changes that help you to improve the overall performance of your application on thePer program recommendationssection.
- View top five time-consuming loops sorted by self time with performance metrics in theTop time-consuming loopssection. You are recommended to start with the loops listed in this section when checking for performance issues.
- TheSuitability and Dependencies Analysis Datasub-section shows you proposed parallel design options, and dependencies that can be show-stoppers while parallelizing your code.
- View top five optimization recommendations with the highest confidence and loop/function self time in theRecommendationssection. The recommendation listed in the section are the recommended first steps for optimization.
How It Works
- Run theSurveyanalysis to find candidates for parallelizing.
- Add parallel site and task annotations to your code and re-build your application.
- RunSuitabilityanalysis to view proposed parallel design options.
- RunDependenciesanalysis to identify stoppers for adding parallel code.
- Analysis Workflowtab - Review the controls available to configure the perspective workflow for your application.
- Threading Summary- Review a results summary that includes the most important information about your application performance.
- Surveyreport - Review the controls available to help you focus on the performance data most important to you.
- Refinementreports - Review the controls available to help you investigate the dependencies and memory issues of your application.
- Annotationreport - Review the list of annotations found during source scanning and running Suitability and Dependencies analyses.
- Suitabilityreport - Review the approximate predicted performance based on the analysis of the annotated parallel sites and tasks.