Locate Annotations with the
- To display theAnnotation Reportwindow, click theAnnotation Reporttab or - if you are using theAdvisor Workflowtab - click the (View Annotations) button below2. Annotate Sourcesor5. Add Parallel Framework. The annotations associated with the selected start-up project appear. If you have run the Suitability and Dependencies tools for this start-up project, the most recent relevant data also appears in their respective columns.
- To sort the annotations by type, click the column heading Annotations. The suggested way to replace annotations is to replace lock annotations first, and then site and task annotations (this is because synchronized code without parallelism works correctly, but parallel code without synchronization works incorrectly). To show or hide a code snippet showing an annotation, click the
- To open the code editor with the corresponding source file, double-click an annotation type (data row) in the Annotations column or a line in its code snippet (or use theEdit Sourcecontext menu item). When using theIntel AdvisorGUI on Linux* OS, the editor defined by theOptions > Editordialog box appears with the file open at the corresponding location. When using theIntel AdvisorGUI on Windows* OS, the file type association (orOpen Withdialog box) determines the editor used. When using Visual Studio*, the Visual Studio code editor appears with the file open at the corresponding location.
- Read the documentation associated with the parallel framework as well as the relevant information inIntel Advisorhelp so you understand what parallel framework code to insert. In many cases, you need to insert parallel framework declarations at the start of the source file, as well as parallel framework code that replaces the annotations.
- Repeat the steps above for each lock annotation.
- Repeat the steps above for each site and task annotation.