Vectorization and Code Insights Perspective from GUI
- From theAnalysis Workflowtab, configure the perspective and set analysis properties, depending on desired results:
The higher accuracy value you choose, the higher runtime overhead is added to your application. TheOverheadindicator shows the overhead for the selected configuration. For theCustomaccuracy, the overhead is calculated automatically for the selected analyses and properties.By default, accuracy is set to Low. For more information, see Vectorization Accuracy Presets.
- Select a collection accuracy level with analysis properties preset for a specific result:
- Low: Get the basic insights about vectorized and un-vectorized loops in your code.
- Medium: Identify the number of times loops execute to make better decisions about your vectorization strategy.
- High: Analyze application memory usage and performance values that help you make better decisions about your vectorization strategy in details.
- Select the analyses and properties manually to adjust the perspective flow to your needs. The accuracy level is set toCustom.
- If you want to limit the Characterization and/or MAP analyses to one or more specific loops/functions instead of analyzing the whole application:
- From a Survey report generated: Mark one or more un-vectorized loops by enabling the corresponding checkboxes in the report.
- If you want check for loop-carried dependency to safely vectorize scalar loops, select theDependenciesanalysis. For more information about the Dependencies analysis and report, see Find Data Dependencies.
- Click button to run the perspective.While the perspective is running, you can do the following in theAnalysis Workflowtab:
- Control the perspective execution:
- Stop data collection and see the already collected data: Click the button.
- Pause data collection: Click the button.
- Cancel data collection and discard the collected data: Click the button.
- Expand an analysis with to control the analysis execution:
- Pause analysis and see the already collected data: Click the button.
- Stop analysis and start the next analysis selected: Click the button.
- Interrupt execution of all selected analyses and see the already collected data: Click the button.
advisor --collect=survey --project-dir=./advi -- myApplication
- After you run theVectorization and Code Insightsperspective, the collectedSurveydata becomes available for all other perspectives. If you switch to another perspective, you can skip the Survey step and run only perspective-specific analyses.
- If the Survey analysis does not collect enough data to produce a report, it displays aTarget executed too quickly or does not contain debug symbolsmessage. Increase the target workload or data to run the analysis for at least a few seconds, check whether debug information is specified as a build option, or specify a different target application.