Debug Information Not Available
- After running the Survey tool, a message may appear near the top of theSurvey Reportwindow indicatingSome target modules do not contain debug information. After viewing the message and writing down module names that lack debug information, you can click the red in the top-right corner to close it.
- When viewing aReportwindow, a column that should contain aSourcelocation or afunction nameinstead contains the target'sin square brackets,executable-name[Unknown], a question mark?, or is blank. Also, a broken or missing icon can indicate that sources are not available, such as , , , or for a Survey loop.
- When viewing aSourcewindow, a column that should contain source code or a source location instead containssource is not availableorIntel Advisor cannot show source code for this locationmessage instead of the expected data. Also, a broken or missing icon can indicate that sources are not available (listed above).
- When viewing aSourcewindow, theCall Stackindicates that sources are not available for the starting (top) line, such as containing a broken icon (listed above).
- In a context menu, the itemsView SourceorEdit Sourcemay appear as dimmed.
- The build option(s) did not request debug information when building the target executable. Debug information must be present fortools to display source information. When building native code targets, specify the appropriate compiler and linker options to ensure the target executable contains debug information.Intel® Advisor
- The appropriate project properties in theGUI did not provide the correct binary/symbol or source locations.Intel® Advisor
- Do the following:
- Check the build settings for the target to ensure they specify debug information option(s).
- Adjust your makefile, Microsoft Visual Studio* project properties,or build script to specify debug information option(s).
- Rebuild the target.
- Run theanalysis tool(s) again.Intel® Advisor
- If you are using theGUI, check theIntel® AdvisorProject Propertiesdialog to make sure that:
- Binary and symbol files are specified in theBinary/Symbol Searchtab.
- Source locations are specified in theSource Searchtab.
- Investigate other possible causes, such as the compiler not generating debug information for a source line or the source file, the linker not including debug information in the debug information database, or whether the debug information database was not being found during the finalization step by ananalysis tool. For example, the last issue can occur if the debug information database was not moved to the location with the target executable.Intel® Advisor