Tab: Memory Access Patterns Report
- IDof the memory access location
- Severitystride type classification (icon of the stride type)
- Stridephysical distance in elements between memory accesses in two consequent iterations
- Typeof the memory access:
- Unit/Uniform types:
- Unit stride (stride 1)instruction accesses memory that consistently changes by one element from iteration to iteration.
- Uniform stride 0instruction accesses the same memory from iteration to iteration.
- Constant stride (stride N)instruction accesses memory that consistently changes by N elements (N>1) from iteration to iteration.
- Variable stride types:
- Irregular strideinstruction accesses memory addresses that change by an unpredictable number of elements from iteration to iteration.
- Gather (irregular) stride, which is detected for v(p)gather* instructions on AVX2 Instruction Set Architecture.
- Sourceprovides info on the operation's source file name and code line where the memory access is issued.
- Nested Functionfunction (invoked from site) where stride diagnostic was detected.
- Modulesapplication modules, where the memory access is issued.
- Variable referencesname of the variable for which the memory access stride is detected.