While Running the Suitability Tool
- Analysis data is collected as the program runs. Non-GUI application output appears in theApplication Outputpane. A log of the collection messages appears in theCollection Logpane.
- When data collection completes, data finalization prepares the data for display.
- After finalization completes, the data appears in theSuitability Reportwindow.Any annotation-related error the Suitability tool detects appears at the top of theSuitability Reportwindow. If you see such errors, the displayed Suitability data may not be reliable. To view the source location associated with an error, click the button. To fix the error, read the displayed error message, modify your source code to fix the problem, rebuild your target executable, and run Suitability tool analysis again.
- Updated information appears in theSummarywindow, including the collection times and links that allow you to view the application output and collection output messages.
- Temporarily stop (pause) data collection. To do this, click the button under3. Check Suitabilityin theThreading Workflowtab.
- Resume data collection that you previously paused. To resume collection, click the button under3. Check Suitabilityin theThreading Workflowtab.
- Stop data collection andretainthe collected data. To do this, click the click the button under3. Check Suitabilityin theThreading Workflowtab. The tool will finalize any data that has been collected and display it in theSuitability Report.
- Cancel data collection anddiscardthe collected data. To do this, click the button under3. Check Suitabilityin theThreading Workflowtab. The tool will discard all the data that has just been collected and instead display the previously collected data in theSuitability Report.
- To interrupt data finalization, click the button.