FLOP Analysis Purpose and Usage
FLOP Analysis Prerequisites
- Perform the same preparation steps for a basicSurvey Report.
- If you plan to run Refinement Reports, set parameters at the same time you set parameters for theSurvey Hotspots AnalysisandSurvey Trip Count Analysistypes. If possible, use theInherit settings from Survey Hotspots Analysis Typecheckbox for other Analysis Types.
Run a FLOP Analysis
- Stop analysis and data collection, and retain the already collected data: Click the button.
- Cancel analysis and data collection, and discard the collected data: Click the button.
- Interrupt post-collection data finalization: Click the button.
- Show data for floating-point operations only, for integer operations only, or for both floating-point and integer operations.
- Determine what is counted as an integer operation in integer calculations:
- ChooseShow Pure Compute Integer Operationsto count only ADD, MUL, IDIV, and SUB operations.
- ChooseShow All Operations Processing Integer Datato count ADD, ADC, SUB, MUL, IMUL, DIV, IDIV, INC/DEC, shift, and rotate operations.
- Show data forL1,L2,L3, orDRAMmemory metrics, or show aCustomized Column Layout.
- Show data for memory load operations only, store operations only, or the sum of both.
- Collecting FLOP and integer data may substantially increase report generation time. There are a variety of techniques available to minimize data collection, result size, and execution time.Check See Also.