Source Not Available
- When viewing aReportwindow, a column that should contain either a source location or a function name instead contains a question mark (?),[Unknown], the target's(rather than a source file name), is blank, or contains a broken icon, such as , , , or for a Survey loop.executable-name
- When viewing aSourcewindow, you may see a messageIntel Advisor cannot show source code for this locationinstead of the collected data. Also theCall Stackpane or aFunctioncolumn may contain?,[Unknown], or a broken icon (listed above). For example, if the top (starting) function line in a Call Stack pane contains source information, but calls to library routines lower in the calls stack do not contain source information.
- When using theGUI while viewing theIntel AdvisorSummarywindow, you see a messageNo annotations detected in your project sourceswhen your sources do containannotations.Intel Advisor
- The target's execution paths called library functions for which sources are not available.
- The cause may be that debug information symbols are not available for the main part of the program and annotated parallel sites and their tasks.
- Do the following:
- If source and debug information symbols are available for the annotated parallel sites and their tasks, but not for calls into library code for which sources are not available, this is expected and is not a problem. If you were considering adding annotations to the library code, instead add site/task annotations to the code that calls the library routines.
- If source and debug information symbols are not available for the main part of the program and annotated parallel sites and their tasks, see the help topic Troubleshooting Debug Information Not Available.