Profile Creation, USB Key - Multi Use
Multi-Use Key setup.bin file creation
- Open the ACU Wizard and then select theCreate Settings to Configure Multiple Systems.
- InIntel AMT Configuration Utility: Profile Designerwindow:
- Select theToolsbutton in the upper-right corner.Figure 1.Example of Tools button.
- SelectPrepare a USB for Manual Configuration.
- In theSettings for Manual Configuration of Multiple Systemswindow:
- SelectMobile SystemsorDesktop Systems.Note:Choosing the wrong device setting will trigger an error about applying power policy. The configuration will be successful; however, the firmware defaults to “Intel® AMT Always On in (s0-s5)” and DHCP-enabled.
- SelectIntel AMT Version level 6+or7+.
- Enter passwords:
- Old MEBX Password: If the password has not been changed, the default password will beadmin.
- New Password and confirm: The password must be complex and up to 32 characters.
- Specify the system Power State – selectAlways On (s0-s5).
- User Consent Required– Leave unchecked.Note:With Intel AMT 11, a change was made by OEMs that defaults User Consent to be KVM only. You can modify this post-configuration via the WS-Management command or through an existing tool such asMeshCommander.
- Specify the appropriate USB drive in the selection window.
- SelectOK.Figure 2.Example of USB Key configurable options.
- In theFormatting USB Drive;window:
- SelectYesto format the drive. In the Configuration USB Key Created Successfully dialog box, selectOKto finish the configuration.
- The USB key is now successfully configured.
How to Use the Configuration USB Key
- Don’t use drives over 32 GB
- Drives should be formatted for FAT32.
- USB configuration is occasionally disabled in the BIOS, thus requiring activation.
- If a USB key fails to work, try a different model or brand.