Integrating KVM feature into a Management Console
- Verify the AMT KVM device settings
- Make the AMT KVM connection
AMT KVM Device Settings
Making the Connection
- The HTTPS option, as utilized by the open source project Mesh Commander , has a web server to make the connection to the client and displays the results within a web page.
- The VNC viewer option comes in many flavors; however they all make connection on ports 5900, 16992–16995. See the article on the KVM feature for more details on the ports.
- Local connection. Because Intel AMT only communicates on the local wired or wireless networks, any properly configured device on the local network with a KVM viewer application can make a direct connection.
- Remote connection. Because Intel AMT only communicates on the local wired or wireless networks, access from outside the network requires the use of an Intel AMT KVM Proxy .
Additional Resources and Source Code Locations within the Intel AMT SDK
- Intel AMT SDK example Integrated Viewer Application and source code location: \Windows\Intel_AMT\Samples\KVM\KVMCustomTransportSample
- Example source code: \Windows\Intel_AMT\Src\KVM\KVMProxy\
- Example source code: \Linux\Intel_AMT\Src\KVM\KVMProxy\
- Example source code for proxy connection library: kvmlib.dll