- Analyzer Extension: An analyzer extension takes raw data and converts it in a form that knowledge base modules can use.
- Configuration File: The configuration file is an XML file that provides greater configuration of Intel® Cluster Checker.
- Data Provider: A data provider defines what data to collect from the cluster.
- Diagnosis: A diagnosis is a broader inference based on one or more observations. For example, non-uniform memory would lead to a broader non-uniform hardware diagnosis.
- Framework Definition: - A framework definition is a XML file that defines the scope of data collection and analysis.
- Issue: An issue is an observation about the cluster. It may indicate a problem or provide additional information. Issues can either be an observation or a diagnosis.
- Knowledge Base Module: A knowledge base module contains a group of rules.
- Message Catalog: The message catalog contains messages for display. Each issue has a message ID that maps to a message in the message catalog.
- Nodefile: - A nodefile is a file containing a list of nodes and their roles. The nodefile directs Intel® Cluster Checker which nodes to examine.
- Observation: An observation provides objective information t about the cluster. It may indicate a problem or provide additional information. Observations may indicate a broader problem, in which case they would lead to a diagnosis. For example, a cluster with different amounts of memory per node would produce a memory not uniform observation.
- Remedy: A potential actionable solution to the issue.
- Rule: A rule takes data and, if the data meets certain conditions, triggers an observation or diagnosis. Rules are implemented in the CLIPS language.
Product and Performance Information
Intel's compilers may or may not optimize to the same degree for non-Intel microprocessors for optimizations that are not unique to Intel microprocessors. These optimizations include SSE2, SSE3, and SSSE3 instruction sets and other optimizations. Intel does not guarantee the availability, functionality, or effectiveness of any optimization on microprocessors not manufactured by Intel. Microprocessor-dependent optimizations in this product are intended for use with Intel microprocessors. Certain optimizations not specific to Intel microarchitecture are reserved for Intel microprocessors. Please refer to the applicable product User and Reference Guides for more information regarding the specific instruction sets covered by this notice.
Notice revision #20110804