Changes the thread local storage (TLS) model.
- Determines the TLS model used by the compiler. Possible values are:
- Generates a generic TLS code. The code can be used everywhere and the code can access variables defined anywhere else. This setting causes the largest size code to be generated and uses the most run time to produce.
- Generates an optimized TLS code. To use this setting, the thread-local variables must be defined in the same object in which they are referenced.
- Generates a restrictive, optimized TLS code. To use this setting, the thread-local variables accessed must be defined in one of the modules available to the program.
- Generates the most restrictive TLS code. To use this setting, the thread-local variables must be defined in the executable.
- The compiler uses default heuristics when determining the thread-local storage model.