Lets you override the internal decision heuristic for the particular algorithm used when implementing buffer manipulation functions such as memcpy and memset.
Linux and macOS:
- Specifies the algorithm to use. Possible values are:
- Tells the compiler to expand the string operations into an inline loop when the size is known at compile time and it is not greater than threshold value. Otherwise, the compiler uses its own heuristics to decide how to implement the string operation.
- Tells the compiler to use a library call when implementing string operations.
- Tells the compiler to use its own heuristics to decide what form ofrep movs | stosto use when inlining string operations.
- If optimization optionOsis specified, the default isrep. Otherwise, the default isconst_size_loop.
This option lets you override the internal decision heuristic for the particular algorithm used when implementing buffer manipulation functions such as memcpy and memset.
This option may have no effect on compiler-generated string functions, for example, a call to memcpy generated by the compiler to implement an array copy or structure copy.