Determines whether the compiler checks bounds for memory access through pointers.
- Specifies what type of bounds checking occurs. Possible values are:
- Disables bounds checking. This is the default.
- Checks bounds for reads and writes through pointers.
- Checks bounds for only writes through pointers.
- No bounds checking occurs for memory access through pointers.
This option determines whether the compiler checks bounds for memory access through pointers. It enables checking of all indirect accesses through pointers, and all array accesses.
The compiler may optimize these checks away when it can determine that an access is safe.
writeis specified, the