Determines whether the compiler generates code that detects some buffer overruns.
- Specifies the level of stack protection heuristics used by the compiler. Possible values are:
- Tells the compiler to ignore buffer overruns. This is the same as specifying/GS-.
- Tells the compiler to provide a stack protection level that is compatible with Microsoft* Visual Studio 2008.
- Tells the compiler to provide full stack security level checking. This setting is compatible with more recent Microsoft* Visual Studio stack protection heuristics. This is the same as specifying/GSwith no keyword.
- The compiler does not detect buffer overruns.
This option determines whether the compiler generates code that detects some buffer overruns that overwrite a function's return address, exception handler address, or certain types of parameters.
This option has been added for Microsoft compatibility.
Following Visual Studio 2008, the Microsoft implementation of option
/GSbecame more extensive (for example, more routines are protected). The performance of some programs may be impacted by the newer heuristics. In such cases, you may see better performance if you specify