Checks for certain conditions at run time.
Linux and macOS:
- Specifies the conditions to check. Possible values are:
- Determines whether checking occurs for converting to smaller types. Keywordconversionsenables this checking.
- Determines whether checking occurs on the stack frame. Keywordstackenables this checking. Ifstackis specified, the stack is checked for buffer overruns and buffer underruns. This option also enforces local variables initialization and stack pointer verification.
- Determines whether checking occurs for uninitialized variables. Keyworduninitenables this checking. If a variable is read before it is written, a run-time error routine will be called.Run-time checking of undefined variables is only implemented on local, scalar variables. It is not implemented on dynamically allocated variables, extern variables or static variables. It is not implemented on structs, classes, unions or arrays.
- No checking is performed for the above run-time conditions.
This option checks for certain conditions at run time.
On Windows* systems, this option disables any default or