Creating a New Project
The following topic applies to Eclipse* for C/C++.
To create a new Eclipse* project:
- SelectTheNew Projectwizard opens.
- Expand theC/C++ Projecttab and select the appropriate project type. ClickNextto continue.
- ForProject name, enterhello_world. Deselect theUse default locationto specify a directory for the new project.
- In theProject Typelist, expand theExecutableproject type and selectHello World [C or C++] Project.
- In theToolchainslist, selectIntel(R) C++ Compiler. ClickNext.
- If you need to see the toolchains for the compilers that are not locally installed, uncheckShow project types and toolchains only if they are supported on the platform. You are only able to view and configure these toolchains if the proper compilers are installed.
- If you have multiple versions of the Intel® C++ Compiler installed, they appear in the project’s properties underon theIntel Compiler Selectiontab.
- TheBasic Settingspage allows specifying template information, includingAuthorandCopyright notice, which appear as a comment at the top of the generated source file. TheHello world greetingstring displayed by thehello_worldprogram andSourcedirectory relative to the project where the generated source file is created can be specified on this page. After entering desired fields, clickNext.
- TheSelect Configurationspage allows specifying deployment platforms and configurations. By default, aDebugandReleaseconfiguration is created for the selected toolchain. Select no (Deselect all), multiple, or all (