Optimization Reports: Enabling in Microsoft Visual Studio*
Optimization reports can help you address vectorization and optimization issues.
When you build a solution or project, the compiler generates optimization diagnostics. You can view the optimization reports in the following windows:
- TheCompiler Optimization Reportwindow, either grouped by loops or in a flat format.
- TheCompiler Inline Reportwindow.
- The optimization annotations, which are integrated within the source editor.
To enable viewing for the optimization reports:
- In your project's property pages, select.
- Set a non-default value for any of the following options:
- Optimization Diagnostics Level
- Optimization Diagnostics Phase
- Optimization Diagnostics Routine
- Build your project to generate an optimization report.
When the compiler generates optimization diagnostics, the
Compiler Optimization Reportand the
Compiler Inline Reportwindows open, and the optimization report annotations appear in the source editor.
You can specify how you want the optimization reporting to appear with the
Optimization Reportsdialog box. Access this dialog box by selecting .