Using the Intel®
C++ Compiler, you can compile and generate applications that can run on Intel® 64 architecture.
You can also create programs for the IA-32 architecture on Windows* and Linux*.
Intel® 64 architecture applications can run on the following:
- Windows* operating systems for Intel® 64 architecture-based systems.
- Linux* operating systems for Intel® 64 architecture-based systems.
- operating systems for Intel® 64 architecture-based systems.macOS*
IA-32 architecture applications can run on the following:
- Supported Windows* operating systems
- Supported Linux* operating systems
Starting with the 19.0 release of the Intel®
32-bit applications are no longer supported. If you want to compile 32-bit applications, you must use an earlier version of the compiler and you must use Xcode* 9.4 or earlier.
Unless specified otherwise, assume the information in this document applies to all supported architectures and all operating systems.
You can use the compiler in the command-line or in a supported Integrated Development Environment (IDE):
- Microsoft Visual Studio* (Windows* only)
- Eclipse*/CDT (Linux* only)
- Xcode* (only)macOS*
See the Release Notes for complete information on supported architectures, operating systems, and IDEs for this release.