Connecting to Microsoft Azure* with Node-RED*
- Intel® IoT Gateway technology running Wind River* Intelligent Device Platform XT (IDP) 3.1 or above with internet access
- A host computer on the same network as the Intel® IoT Gateway
- Terminal access to the Intel® IoT Gateway from your host computer
- Microsoft Azure account: https://portal.azure.com/
- If you haven't already, set up your gateway.
Adding the IoT Cloud repository to your Intel® IoT Gateway
- Access the console on your gateway using either a monitor and keyboard connected directly to the gateway or SSH (recommended).
- Add the GPG key for the cloud repository using the following command:rpm --import http://iotdk.intel.com/misc/iot_pub2.key
- On your host computer, open a web browser and load the Intel® IoT Gateway Developer Hub interface by entering the IP address of your gateway in the address bar.Tip:You can find your gateway’s IP address using theifconfigcommand.
- Log in to the IoT Gateway Developer Hub interface using your credentials. The default login and password are bothroot..
- Go to thePackagessection and click theAdd Repo +button.
- Populate the fields with the following information and clickAdd Repository:
- Finally, clickUpdate Repositoriesto update the package list.
Monitoring device events (Optional)
iothub-explorer "[YOUR IOT HUB CONNECTION STRING]" monitor-events [YOUR DEVICE NAME]