Build and Run a Sample Project Using the
- Locate a sample project using the oneAPI CLI Samples Browser.
- Build and run a sample project usingMicrosoft Build*.
Download Samples using the oneAPI CLI Samples Browser
- Open acommandwindow.
- Setsystem variables byrunningsetvars:The command above assumes you installed to the default folder. If you customized the installation folder,"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\setvars.bat"setvars.batis in your custom folder.
- In the samecommandwindow, run the application :The oneAPI CLI menu appears:oneapi-cli.exe
- Use the up and down arrow keys to selectCreate a project, then pressEnter
- Move the arrow key down to selectCreate a project, then pressEnter. The language selection will appear. If you want to run samples from a toolkit other than theIntel® oneAPI Base Toolkit, install the domain-specific toolkit before proceeding.
- Select the language for your sample. For your first project, selectcpp, then pressEnter. The toolkit samples list appears.
- Select theVector Addsample. Vector Add is a simple test application that will help verify that the tools are setup correctly and can access your system's GPU:
- After you select a sample, pressEnter.
- Enter an absolute or a relative directory path to create your project. Provide a directory and project name. The Project Name is the name of the sample you chose in the previous step.
- PressTabto select Create, then pressEnter:
Build and Run a Sample Using Microsoft Build*
- Using the same command prompt window where you ransetvars.bat, navigate to the folder where you downloaded the sample (where the .sln file is located).
- Build the program:MSBuild vector-add.sln /t:Rebuild /p:Configuration="Release"
- Navigate to the Release folder (example:x64/Release)
- Run the program:vector-add.exe