Intel® System Debugger
Connecting to Target
- Launch the Intel® System Debugger IDE:whereDouble click the Intel System Debugger icon on the desktop or run the script<install-dir>/isd_ide_eclipse-launcher.sh<is the root directory of your Intel System Debugger installation. By default,install-dir><isinstall-dir>opt/intel/oneapi/system_debugger
- Click theNew Connection...drop-down list in the main toolbar of the Intel® System Studio IDE.
- SelectConnect and detect targetto allow the Target Connection Assistant to automatically identify and configure your target.
- If your target was not detected correctly, you can set it up manually. For instructions, refer to the wizard help (see the button at the bottom-left).
- When the target is successfully detected, verify the connection configuration details in the final wizard dialog. For instructions on configuring the connection components, refer to the Target Connection Assistant User Guide available from the Eclipse* Help.To change the probe used for connection, clickSelecton the right and choose an alternative connection method.If you want to connect to the target right away, check theConnect to target on finishbox.
- After the connection has been established, the greenConnectbutton next to the target selection drop-down list becomes inactive and the redDisconnectbutton becomes active.The word(Connected)appears in title bar of the Debug Targets Connection tab.
First Steps with Intel® System Debugger — System Debug
First Steps with Intel® System Debugger — System Trace
- Capture logs broadcast by the Intel® Trace Hub
- Filter and search the captured logs
- Find sequences of events that follow your custom scenarios
- SelectWindow > Perspective > Open Perspective > Otherto open the list of available perspectives.
- SelectSystem Trace, then clickOK.
- In theWelcome to System Tracedialog, selectHelp me setup a new projectand clickOK.
- Type the project name into theProject namefield and clickNext.
- Review the connection settings you set up earlier in the section Connecting to Target and clickNext.
- Optionally, change the default name of the trace output file. ClickFinish.