Get Started with Intel® MPI Library for Intel® oneAPI on
- Scalability up to 340k processes
- Low overhead enables analysis of large amounts of data
- MPI tuning utility for accelerating your applications
- Interconnect independence and flexible runtime fabric selection
- Compilation tools, including compiler drivers such as mpiicc and mpifort
- Include files and modules
- Shared (.so) and static (.a) libraries, debug libraries, and interface libraries
- Process Manager and tools to run programs
- Test code
- Documentation provided as a separate package or available from the Intel Developer Zone
- MPI-1, MPI-2.2 and MPI-3.1 specification conformance
- Interconnect independence
- C, C++, Fortran* 77,Fortran 90, and Fortran 2008language bindings
Building and Running MPI Programs
Compiling an MPI Program
$ which icc /opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/<version>.<update>/linux/bin/icc
$ mpiicc -o myprog <install-dir>/test/test.c
Running an MPI Program
$ mpirun -n <# of processes> -ppn <# of processes per node> -f ./hostfile ./myprog
$ mpirun -n 2 -ppn 1 -f ./hostfile ./myprog
Hello world: rank 0 of 2 running on clusternode1Hello world: rank 1 of 2 running on clusternode2
- Check system requirements, known issues and limitations in theRelease Notes.
- Check hosts accessibility. Run a simple non-MPI application (for example,hostname utility) on the problem hosts withmpirun. This check helps you reveal the environmental problem(for example, SSH is not configured properly), or connectivity problem (for example, unreachable hosts).
- Run the MPI application with debug information enabled. To enable the debug information, set the environment variable I_MPI_DEBUG=6. You can also set a different debug level to get more detailed information. This action helps you find out the problem component.
- Release Notes: Up-to-date information about the product including: what's new, key features, system requirements, and known limitations.
- Intel DevCloud: Develop, test, and run your workloads for free on a cluster of the latest Intel® hardware and software.
- Online Documentation: Links to all available Intel MPI Library documents.