- Low overhead, enables analyzing large amounts of data
- MPI tuning utility for accelerating your applications
- Interconnect independence and flexible runtime fabric selection
- Set the environment settings: in thedirectory, use the call batch command to run the<installdir>\mpi\<package number>\intel64\binmpivars.batbatch for your architecture. Therefers to the Intel MPI Library installation directory (for example,<installdir>C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools).
- Install and run the Hydra services on the compute nodes:
- In the command prompt, enter:hydra_service -install
- Enter:hydra_service -start
- (SDK only) Compile the program using the appropriate compiler driver. For example, for a test program:> mpicc.bat -o test \test\test.c
- Register your credentials, enter:mpiexec -register
> mpiexec.exe -n <number of processes> test.exe
> mpiexec.exe -hosts <number of processes> <host1> <host1_number_of_processes> <host2> <host2_number_of_processes> ... test.exe
- MPI-1, MPI-2.2 and MPI-3 specification conformance
- Support for any combination of the following interconnection fabrics:
- Shared memory
- RDMA-capable network fabrics through DAPL*, such as InfiniBand* and Myrinet*
- Sockets, for example, TCP/IP over Ethernet*, Gigabit Ethernet*, and other interconnects
- (SDK only) Support for Intel® 64 architecture clusters using:
- Intel® C++ Compiler version 14.0 through 16.0 and higher
- Intel® Fortran Compiler version 14.0 through 16.0 and higher
- Microsoft* Visual C++* Compilers
- (SDK only) C, C++, Fortran* 77 and Fortran 90 language bindings
- (SDK only) Dynamic linking
- Check system requirements and known issues inIntel® MPI Library Release Notes for Windows* OS.
- Check hosts accessibility. Try to run a simple non-MPI application (for example,hostnameutility) on the problem hosts withmpiexecutility. This check helps to reveal the environmental or connectivity problem (for example, unreachable hosts).
- Run MPI application with enabled debug information. To enable the debug information, set the environment variableI_MPI_DEBUG=6. You can also set a different debug level to get more detailed information. This action helps to find out the problem component.
Intel® MPI Library for Windows* OS Release Notescontains the most up-to-date information about the product, including:
Intel® MPI Library for Windows* OS Installation Guidecontains information on the following subjects:
Intel® MPI Library for Windows* OS Reference Manualcontains information on the following subjects:
Tutorial: MPI Tuner for Intel® MPI Librarycontains information on the following subjects:
You can use the following link to evaluate Intel® MPI Library: