Intel® SoC Watch and Intel® VTune™ Profiler
Step 1: Configure and Install on Target System
- Select the installer for your target platform. The target installer for Intel Soc Watch is located in the folder:C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\socwatch\latest\socwatch_for_target.
- Copy the Intel® SoC Watch installer (<install_dir>\target\windows_socwatch\socwatch_windows_<version> .msi) to the target Windows system.
- Run the installer on the target system. The package includes a user's guide, and an End User License Agreement. By default, the Intel SoC Watch collector is installed in theC:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\SoCWatchdirectory.
- Navigate to the Intel SoC Watch installation directory.Alternatively, set yourPATHenvironment variable to point to the installed bin directory containingsocwatch.exeany of the following ways:
Now you are ready to begin collection.
- Update thePATHvariable in the Control Panel.
- Executeset PATH=command to temporarily set the variable in the current command prompt.<value>;%PATH%
Step 2: Collect Data
- Open a command prompt withadministrativeprivileges on the target system with Intel® SoC Watch installed.
- Run the command below to capture CPU time in low power states over a 60-second period and import the result to the Intel® VTune™ Profiler.socwatch -t 60 -f cpu-cstate -m -o results/test -r vtuneThe report file is saved to the results directory astest.pwr.
Step 3: View Results
- Copy the report filetest.pwrfrom the target system to the host system.
- Import the file to the Intel® VTune™ Profiler project:
- Launch Intel VTune Profiler GUI on the host system.
- Create a new project or open an existing one.
- ClickImport Resultand navigate to thetest.pwrfile.The results are opened in the defaultPlatform Power Analysisviewpoint.