Run a Sample Project with Eclipse*
Decode Trace Capture File
- Launch the Intel® System Debugger from the Windows* Start menu. A window will pop-up asking you to choose a workspace.
- Press Ctrl+3 to open the Eclipse* Quick Access control and typesystem trace. Select the System Trace perspective.
- In the opened wizard, selectSet up project.
- Enter a project name
- ChooseManually select target. Select "Generic 10th Gen Intel® Core Processor (Comet Lake)" and clickNext.This stage does not require establishing a real connection. However, you need to specify what target and what connection method has been used for capturing trace. System Trace uses this information to decode the trace capture file correctly.
- Select theIntel® SVT DbC USB Debug Cableas a connection method and clickNext.
- Since this example covers decoding a prepared file (but not capturing trace from a real target), uncheck the boxesConfigure providerandConnect to target on finish. ClickNext.
- Specify a trace configuration name.
- Import Trace Capture.In the wizard is already closed, navigate to the Project Explorer, expand thecapturenode, and clickImport Trace Capture.
- ClickBrowseand navigate to the example file at<install-dir>/system_trace/examples/input/mipi_aet_fake_trace.bin.bin
- In the Project Explorer, right-click the imported capture file and selectDecode as.
- From the Use Case drop-down list, selectCMP General decodeand click OK.