Step 1: Build Yocto Project-Based Image
- Option A: Build the image with Intel® TCC Tools dependencies
- Integrates all OS level dependencies for Intel® TCC Tools into a Yocto Project image.
- Is sufficient if you already have knowledge about the cache-related bottlenecks in your application and do not plan to invest in a deeper analysis, or want to use your own profiling tools.
- Option B: Build the image with Intel® TCC Tools dependencies and VTune™ Profiler layer
- Contains Option A components, plus support for VTune™ Profiler.
- VTune™ Profiler offers deep analysis of platform performance counters and events.
- VTune™ Profiler will need to be installed on your host system before building the image.
Option A: Intel® TCC Tools Dependencies
- Follow the steps in the BSP Get Started Guide to prepare and set up the host system. In this context, the “host system” is your build host.
- Follow the BSP steps in the BSP Get Started Guide. Certain steps will prompt you to choose an option or decide whether you need a component. Make sure to complete all steps that are marked as required for Intel® TCC Tools.
- After completing the BSP instructions, return to this guide.
- (Optional) The BSP addresses OS latency via a real-time kernel and optimized drivers. After installing the BSP, run your real-time application to check whether your requirements are met. If your requirements are not met, proceed to the next step to enable Intel® TCC Mode.