Get Started with
Profiler for Linux* OS
Before You Begin
- Build your application with symbol information and inReleasemode with all optimizations enabled. For detailed information on compiler settings, see theVTuneonline user guide.ProfilerYou can also use thematrixsample application available in<install_directory>\sample\matrix. You can see sample results in<.install-dir>\sample (matrix)
- Set up the environment variables:source <install-dir>/env/vars.shBy default, the<is the following:install-dir>
- $HOME/intel/oneapi/vtune/<when installed with user permissions;version>
- /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/<when installed with root permissions.version>
Step 1: Start
Standalone (Command line)
Step 2: Configure and Run Analysis
- In theLaunch Applicationsection, browse to the location of your application.
Step 3: View and Analyze Performance Data
Expand each metric for detailed information about contributing factors.
A flagged metric indicates a value outside acceptable/normal operating range. Use tool tips to understand how to improve a flagged metric.
See guidance on other analyses you should consider running next. The
Analysis Treehighlights these recommendations.