Get Started with
Profiler for Linux* OS
Before You Begin
- Build your application with symbol information and inReleasemode with all optimizations enabled. For detailed information on compiler settings, see theVTuneonline user guide.ProfilerIf you do not have your own application, use thematrixsample application available in<install_directory>\sample\matrix. You can see sample results in<.install-dir>\sample (matrix)
- Set up the environment variables:source <install-dir>/env/vars.shBy default, the<is the following:install-dir>
- /opt/intel/vtune_profiler_<when installed with root permissions;version>
- $HOME/intel/vtune_profiler_<when installed with user permissions;version>
- /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/<for Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit installation.version>
Step 1: Start
Standalone (Command line)
Step 2: Configure and Run Analysis
- In theLaunch Applicationsection, browse to the location of your application.
- Click theStartbutton to launch the application and begin collecting Hotspots data.
Step 3: View and Analyze Performance Data
- Click theHelp Tourbutton on the Welcome page to launch a sample-based VTune Profiler GUI overview.
- Open thematrix (sample)project and associated result file to explore common performance issues on your own. If the project is not already available in theProject Navigator, open the project from the~/intel/vtune/vtune/projects/sample (matrix)directory.