Example: Profile a DPC++ App on Linux*
Build the Matrix App
- Go to the sample directory.cd <sample_dir/VtuneProfiler/matrix_multiply>
- Themultiply.cppfile in thesrcfolder contains several DPC++ versions of matrix multiplication. Select a version by editing the corresponding#define MULTIPLYline inmultiply.h.
- Build the app using the existing Makefile:cmake . makeThis should generate amatrix.dpcppexecutable.To delete the program, type:make cleanThis removes the executable and object files that were created by themakecommand.
Run GPU Analysis
- Launch VTune Profiler with thevtune-guicommand.
- ClickNew Projectfrom the Welcome page.
- Specify a name and location for your sample project and clickCreate Project.
- In theWHATpane, browse to thematrix.dpcppfile.
- In theHOWpane, click the Browse button and selectPlatform Analysis > GPU Compute/Media Hotspotsanalysis.
- Click theStartbutton at the bottom to launch the analysis with the pre-selected options.