Get Started with
Profiler for macOS*
- Profile the macOS system on which it is installed.
- Collect data on a remote macOS system.
- Run aVTuneanalysis on the macOS system with a remote system specified as the target. When analysis begins,ProfilerVTuneconnects to the remote system to collect data, then brings the results back to the macOS host for viewing.Profiler
- Run an analysis on the target system locally and copy the results to a macOS system for viewing inVTune.Profiler
Before You Begin
Step 1: Start
- LaunchVTunewith theProfilervtune-guicommand.By default, the<isinstall_dir>/Applications/Intel VTune Profiler.version.app
- ClickNew Projectfrom the Welcome page.
- Specify the project name and location in theCreate Projectdialog box.
- ClickCreate Project.
Step 2: Configure and Run Analysis
- In theWHEREpane, selectRemote Linux (SSH)and specify the target Linux system usingusername@hostname[:port].VTuneconnects to the Linux system and installs the target package.Profiler
- In theWHATpane, provide the path to your application on the target Linux system.
Step 3: View and Analyze Performance Data
Expand each metric for detailed information about contributing factors.
A flagged metric indicates a value outside acceptable/normal operating range. Use tool tips to understand how to improve a flagged metric.
See guidance on other analyses you should consider running next. The
Analysis Treehighlights these recommendations.