Get Started with
Profiler for Windows* OS
Before You Begin
- Build your application with symbol information and inReleasemode with all optimizations enabled. For detailed information on compiler settings, see theVTuneonline user guide.ProfilerYou can also use thematrixsample application available in<. You can see sample results ininstall-dir>\samples\en\C++\matrix<.install-dir>\Projects\sample (matrix)
- Set up the environment variables:<install-dir>\env\vars.batBy default, the<is:install-dir>
- [Program Files]\IntelSWTools\VTune Profiler <when installed as a standalone version;version>
- [Program Files]\Intel\oneAPI\vtune\<for Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit installation;version>
Step 1: Start
Standalone (Command line)
Microsoft* Visual Studio* IDE
Open your solution in Visual Studio. The
VTunetoolbar is automatically enabled and your Visual Studio project is set as an analysis target.
Step 2: Configure and Run Analysis
- In theLaunch Applicationsection, browse to the location of your application executable file.
Step 3: View and Analyze Performance Data
Expand each metric for detailed information about contributing factors.
A flagged metric indicates a value outside acceptable/normal operating range. Use tool tips to understand how to improve a flagged metric.
See guidance on other analyses you should consider running next. The
Analysis Treehighlights these recommendations.