Get Started with
Profiler for Windows* OS
Before You Begin
- Build your application with symbol information and inReleasemode with all optimizations enabled. For detailed information on compiler settings, see theVTuneonline user guide.ProfilerIf you do not have your own application, use thematrixsample application available in<. You can see sample results ininstall-dir>\samples\en\C++\matrix<.install-dir>\Projects\sample (matrix)
- Set up the environment variables:<install-dir>\env\vars.batBy default, the<is:install-dir>
- [Program Files]\IntelSWTools\VTune Profiler <when installed as a standalone version;version>
- [Program Files]\Intel\oneAPI\vtune\<for Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit (Beta) installation;version>
- [Program Files]\IntelSWTools\system_studio_<version>\VTune Profilerfor Intel System Studio.
Step 1: Start
Intel System Studio IDE
Standalone (Command line)
Microsoft* Visual Studio* IDE
Open your solution in Visual Studio. The
VTunetoolbar is automatically enabled and your Visual Studio project is set as an analysis target.
Step 2: Configure and Run Analysis
- In theLaunch Applicationsection, browse to the location of your application executable file.
- ClickStartto run the Hotspots analysis on your host system.
Step 3: View and Analyze Performance Data
- Click theHelp Tourbutton on the Welcome page to launch a sample-based VTune Profiler GUI overview.
- Open thematrix (sample)project and associated result file to explore common performance issues on your own. If the project is not already available in theProject Navigator, open the project from the%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Vtune\Projects\sample (matrix)directory.