Get Started with Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers for macOS*
Step 1: Launch an application for analysis
- Click to launch Graphics Monitor on your macOS target system.
- Select an application for analysis.If your application requires a launcher to run, such as Blizzard* or Steam*, select the launcher not the standalone application.
- Choose the required Application Startup mode:
- Frame: Choose this mode to capture a frame for an OpenGL application.
- Trace: Choose this mode to capture a trace for an OpenGL application.
- Stream: Choose this mode to capture frame sequence till the application is stopped for a Metal application.
- Live Analysis: Choose this mode to pause a Metal application to analyze a frame in real time.
- Live Analysis [Apps with Launchers]: Choose this mode to pause a launcher dependent Metal application to analyze a frame in real time.
- ClickStartto begin application analysis.The application opens for real-time analysis with the Heads-Up Display (HUD) overlay.
Step 2: Run high-level system analysis
- Use the HUD to examine various CPU, GPU, graphics API, or system metrics while your application is running. You can select the metrics for analysis in theOptionsscreen accessible through the Graphics Monitor Launcher Screen.To change the viewable metrics in the HUD, pressF12 >Edit >Optionsand select the metrics you would like to view. You can only select metrics from the same group at one time.
- To view and analyze a frame during game play, pressF12. This pauses and resumes the application, enabling you to pause on any frame of interest.
Step 3: Perform frame analysis for GPU-bound applications
- Save a stream file - multiple frames captured back-to-back - by selectingSave Streamfrom the drop-down menu before launching your application.
- Open the Graphics Frame Analyzer, select a stream file, and pressOpento open the stream file for analysis.Frames show still images that are screenshots of the actual application, while streams are shown as an image of a video icon with a grey background:
- Enter Pause/Play mode by pressingF12, where you can:
You can pause on any frame during live analysis and during stream playback.
- UseFast Scrub Modeto visualize the output of every drawcall, as your frame is being rendered out.
- Use theMetric Analysistab to see which part of the rendering pipeline is experiencing a bottleneck for a specific erg (or multiple ergs).
- Disable/enable events to see how the removal of an event will affect a scene, as well as performance.