Launching an Application through GPA Monitor
- Launch GPA Monitor on your macOS* target system. The GPA Monitor iconappears in the toolbar.
To run your application manually with System Analyzer HUD enabled:
- Click the GPA Monitor icon in the taskbar notification area and selectGraphics Monitor. TheGraphics Monitorwindow appears.
- In theGraphics Monitorwindow, select the application for analysis:
- Select theMetaltab in the window.
- In theCommand Linefield, browse to your application by selecting or enter the full application path. You can also enter any command-line options required to run your application.
- If you already analyzed your application with Intel GPA, you can select the application from the list of recently run applications.
- (Optional) In theWorking Folderfield (the second input field), type the directory in which the application should run. This is useful for games that use a launcher or mission packs located in a different directory than the game files.
- (Optional) Use the drop-down menu to select a way in which to run your application. Selecting the Launcher type, will allow you to run a launcher dependent application. Selecting theSave Streamtype will capture a stream file. For instance, to launch a Metal application through Steam* and save a stream file, select Save Stream from the drop-down menu. If the incorrect selection is made in the drop-down menu, the application will not run as expected or may not run at all.
- ClickStartto run the application with the System Analyzer HUD overlay.
- You can press CMD+F12 to pause/play your application for live frame analysis.