Desktop API: Analyzing Application Textures
- reducing the size of textures
- reducing the number of textures used in the scene by using one texture for a set of objects
- changing the texture filtering setting
- reducing the number of texture fetches in the shaders
- In the bar chart, select the events that use the texture you want to analyze.To preview all textures used in the frame, you can select all the events.
- Select the texture thumbnail in the Resource List.Graphics Frame Analyzer displays the texture preview, alongside all the texture parameters.You can flip the texture image by clicking the button. This is useful if your texture is stored in memory in the reverse order and appears upside down. For 3D textures and texture arrays, you can also select the image layer from theLayerselector.