Graphics Frame Analyzer for Metal*
- Open Graphics Monitor.
- Choose the Metal API by clicking theMetalbutton.
- Choose the desired Application Startup Mode.
Enables you to reset the Window layout, change the color scheme and front size, modify the HUD metrics, and to export frame data.
Displays the time-based sequence of captured ergs in a graphical format, based on GPU metrics.
Displays the list of all graphics API calls used in the frame in the GPU execution order and parameters of each function.
Displays all resources used by the selected graphics API calls.
Displays metrics information for the selected graphics API calls, suggests optimization opportunities, and enables experiments.
Displays the rendering progress call by call overlaid on the top of the Graphics Frame Analyzer for Metal* interface.
- Reset window layout
- Show ImGui metrics window
- Export GPU-order API log
- Export CPU-order API log
- Export metrics pane to CSV
- Export API log with metrics
- Configure runtime HUD options. To add a metric to the HUD, enable the corresponding metric check box. To filter metrics, type the required metric name into theFiltersearch field.
- Set the light or dark view color scheme
- Set the front size
- drop-down button - enables you to choose from the available metrics to set as the Y axis and to visualize specific aspects of performance in the frame.Y-Axis
- Clamp Y-Axischeck box- changes the vertical scalling of the Bar Chart by increasing or decreasing the relative height of the bars. By default, all bars are displayed in relation to the tallest bar.
- Frame Namefield - shows the name of the frame being profiled.
- List of all functions, in the GPU execution order
- Parameters passed to each function
- Show All API Calls
- Show Render Command Encoders
- Show Compute Command Encoders
- Show Blit Command Encoders
- Show Parallel Render Command Encoders
- Resource List- displays all resources used by the selected graphics API functions.
- Resource Viewer- displays details about the resource selected in the Resource List.
- Data buffers
- Graphics/Compute Pipeline States
- - lists all metrics and their values. To filter metrics, type the desired metric name into theMetricstabFiltersearch field.
- Metrics Analysistab - shows the pipeline view of hardware bottlenecks.
- Experimentstab - enables you to apply experiments to the selected ergs. All the applied experiments and the corresponding ergs are listed in the table below the experiments list.
- Disable Erg:Keeps the selected ergs from being rendered. This experiment can help you test scene efficiency.
- Simple Pixel Shader: Replaces every pixel shader with a pixel shader that returns a solid color for all render targets.
- 2x2 for All Textures:Replaces all bound textures with a simple 2x2 texture for all selected ergs.
- 2x2 for Selected Texture: Replaces the selected texture with a simple 2x2 texture only for the erg, to which the texture is bound.
- Wireframe Selected Ergs: Enables wireframe for the selected ergs.
- Highlight Selected Ergs: Highlights the output of the selected ergs.