Get Started with Intel® GPA
- GPU metrics collection limitations:
- If more than one application are launched from Graphics Monitor simultaneously, GPU metrics are collected only for the application on the foreground.
- If the System Analyzer is attached to a running application or the System View, GPU metrics are collected for the application, to which the System Analyzer is attached.
- If a frame is open in Graphics Frame Analyzer in parallel with an application launched from Graphics Monitor, GPU metrics are available only in Graphics Frame Analyzer.
- For applications, which use Intel® Metrics Discovery API, Intel® GPA does not collect GPU metrics by default. To enable GPU metrics collection by Intel® GPA, disable theGPU Metrics Collection by Target Applicationtoggle button in the Graphics Monitor.
- To get GPU metrics for Vulkan-based applications in the Graphics Frame Analyzer on Ubuntu 16.04 or Ubuntu 18.04, enable the Vulkan VK_INTEL_performance_query extension. For detailed instructions, please see Known Issues and Limitations .
- To get GPU metrics in the Graphics Frame Analyzer on Ubuntu 16.04 or Ubuntu 18.04, set /proc/sys/dev/i915/perf_stream_paranoid to 0 upon every reboot of your system with: