Visualizes performance in the frame or selected events over time, if metrics are available for the target system.
Enables you to navigate along the frame and select events that are shown on the
- Hotspot Mode
- Bottleneck/State (default) - calls are simultaneously grouped by two parameters:bottleneck description and pipeline state.
- Bottleneck - calls are first grouped by bottleneck descriptions, followed by pipeline state.
- State - calls are first grouped by pipeline state, followed by bottleneck description.
- drop-down button - enables you to choose the available quantitative metrics for the X axis to visualize specific aspects of performance in the frame.X
- drop-down button - enables you to choose the available metrics for the Y axis to visualize specific aspects of performance in the frame.Y
- drop-down button - groups the events visualized on the bar charts by:Group by
- - groups of events that were combined and named by a developer.Debug Regions
- - no grouping, each bar corresponds to a single event.Draw Calls
- - groups of events that were combined by bound render targets.Render Targets
- - groups of events that were combined by bound shaders (applies to DirectX* 11, DirectX 12, and Vulkan frames).Shader Sets
- Command Lists- groups of events that were combined by command lists and bundles (applies to DirectX 12 and Vulkan frames).
- Pipeline States- groups of events that were combined by bound pipeline state objects (applies to DirectX 12 and Vulkan frames).
- Custom Regions- enables you to group and name regions in the API Log pane. To learn how to create custom regions, see the API Log pane description.
- drop-down button - enables a markup on the top of theChart Regionsbar chart to highlight the same groups that are available in theMainGroup Bydrop-down list.
- Color bydrop-down button - colors bars on theMainbar chart according to the types of events or bottlenecks. The button is available only if the system supports the full list of Intel performance counters.
- Show Color Legendbutton - explains the color legend used in theMainbar chart to denote events and bottlenecks. Legend for bottlenecks is available only if the system supports the full list of Intel performance counters. By default, the bars on theMainbar chart are colored by event types.
- To change the horizontal scaling of thebar chart, stretch or shrink theMainbar chart scrollbar by dragging its boarders. TheFrame Navigationbar chart provides an overview of the entire frame, while the scrollbar reflects the part of the frame currently displayed in theFrame Navigationbar chart. If the X-axis represents a non-constant metric, you can double-click the slider to toggle between the full frame view and the currently selected part.Main