Analyzing Metrics Data
Analyzing Metrics with System Analyzer HUD
- Launch the graphics application through theGraphics Monitor Launcherscreenas described in Launching an Application.The application starts running with the System Analyzer HUD overlay.
- Use theCtrl+F1keyboard shortcut to switch between HUD modes that display the current Frames per Second rate, real-time metrics, and the available override modes with the respective shortcuts.
- Observe the metrics data while your application runs. You can see the current values (white), as well as the min/max values during the last 7 seconds displayed in red/green, respectively:System Analyzer HUD allows you to select up to four metrics that are overlaid on your running application. You can change the metrics selection in theOptionsdialog box and check whether the value of a particular metric is higher or lower than you expect. For example, Aggregated CPU Load and GPU EU's Active metrics can help you determine whether these resources are underutilized.NOTE"EU" is an abbreviation for "execution unit", the general-purpose GPU processors in recent Intel® chipsets.
- From the Graphics Monitor Context menu, run the System Analyzer application.
- Define the analysis scope:
- Select the application you want to analyze from the list of running applications. You should run the application before launching Intel® GPA.
- SelectSystem Viewto analyze system-wide metrics.NOTESystem Analyzer shows CPU system-level metrics on non-Intel architectures and CPU metrics on Intel® architectures. For detailed information on the available metrics, see the CPU Metrics section.
- Analyze metrics in real time. To analyze metrics with the System Analyzer, drag and drop the desired metrics from the left pane:
By default, only one metric is displayed in a chart. The new metric dragged onto the chart replaces the old metric. To compare metrics in a single chart, you can append a new metric to the existing chart by holdingCtrlwhile dragging the metric onto the chart. You can add up to four metrics to each chart. To delete a chart, click on the gray cross in the top left corner of the chart.
- to the charts
- above, below or between the charts
- Optionally, export metric values to a CSV file for post-processing.